Once you've created your fundraising account at wonderful.org you'll be able to create fundraising pages for any charity listed on the platform.
If the charity you'd like to raise money for isn't registered with Wonderful, you'll be able to trigger a personal message when creating your page to help prompt them on board. Please note that it can take a few weeks for a charity to be approved so it is best to check whether your charity is listed well ahead of your fundraising event.
Navigate to https://wonderful.org/register and complete the fundraiser registration on the left-hand side.
2. Verify your email address by clicking the link sent to you. Clicking this will take you to your very own fundraising account.
3. On the page you arrive at after clicking the verification email, click ‘create a fundraising page’.
4. Search for the charity you wish to fundraise for. Then click ‘next’.
5. If you’re taking part in an organised event with other fundraisers, such as a marathon, there may be an event page on Wonderful for your event, which you can connect to here. If you are hosting such an event you may also request an event page so that participating fundraisers can connect to it.
6. This is where your fundraiser comes to life! The body of your fundraiser can now be completed.
Title – This will overlook your fundraising page. What specifically are you fundraising for?
Subtitle – This is supplementary to the title, and could be anything additional, such as a date or motivational message.
Category – This enables you to choose the kind of fundraiser you are undertaking.
My story – This is your opportunity to really sell your motivation and objectives with your fundraiser. The more detail that you put in here, the more donors will feel encouraged to contribute to your cause.
Countdown – This is completely optional but gives you the choice to put a timer on your fundraiser. Please be assured that donations can still be made after the timer ends.
Fundraising goal – This gives you a target to work towards and can be anything that you desire. The target does not have to be met for the money to go to the charity. Any amount donated will always be received by the charity.
Fundraising page banner – This can be a great visual aid to your fundraiser and gives visitors an even greater understanding of your fundraiser and chosen charity.
Click ‘preview’ or ‘publish’ when completed.
7. Your page is now published! If you click ‘my wonderful’ from within your fundraising account, you will see your fundraising page listed under the ‘my fundraising pages’ tab. You can make any amendments to your page here. When you click ‘view’ this will open the unique webpage for your fundraising page, which you can share as you please.
8. Clicking the green ‘dashboard’ button also takes you a page where you can post updates for your supporters. Scrolling down on the dashboard page will take you to a box, where you can do this.
Please Note: Wonderful is subject to Anti-Money Laundering (AML) regulation and therefore no text containing alternative payment information may be present anywhere on your fundraising page.
The Wonderful Organisation provides Account to Account (A2A) donation services only, and displaying alternative payment methods does not comply with our AML Policy or Terms and Conditions and may be misleading to donors.
Any donations may only be completed directly by using the ‘donate’ button.
If you're still unsure or need clarification on any of the above, you can contact the Wonderful support team by clicking the chat widget in the bottom right of the screen or by emailing [email protected].
Maximising your fundraising success
Don’t forget to follow our top tips for fundraising success. By following these tips, you’ll help to maximise the amount of money you raise and really boost awareness for your chosen charity!